Face it your family pet would already be perfect if only he was housetrained. But even so, there are some instances when your pet will urinate inside your house. When this happens, odor starts to build up and it can be hard to get rid of it. If you don’t know how to properly get rid of it, the scent will remain and your pet will keep urinating in the area. This is why you need to know how you can eliminate pet urine odor. Aside from being able to have a clean home, this will also stop your pets from urinating in your home.
While some people can just go to the supermarket and buy a regular cleaner, this cannot fully get rid of the odor permanently. In order to fully get rid of this problem, here are some tips that you can follow:
• Get rid of the soaps and cleaners you have already used. This can be done by using clean warm water. If your problem is your carpet, you can make use of a steam cleaner. Use water only and not any soap or rug cleaners.
• You can also make use of a quality enzyme based odor and stain remover. The product which you select for this should contain friendly bacteria so that the removal of the stain and the odor can be properly enhanced. The reason why enzymes are preferred from the other cleaners is because these can actually destroy the unwanted uric acid crystals which stick to probably anything. On the other hand, a cleaner can also mask or even cover up the odor problem.
• When using an enzyme cleaner, you should not scrub them. This is important since you are no longer required to drench the affected area so you can reach all of the uric acid crystals which can get left behind from your pet’s urine.
• You should not skimp out on buying a product as this will only cost you more money and time. If the stains and the odor from the urine become older, you may have a harder time getting rid of them. As such, you might even need to make use of a second treatment.
• If your pet has urinated on a piece of cloth, you can actually just leave it under direct sun for a few days as sunlight can kill the scent. However, you have to be careful with this as sunlight can also damage the color of the garment.
• You can also make use of a combination of vinegar and water since it has long been known to neutralize any scent.
Aside from using specific products to eliminate pet urine odor from your home, you can also consider housebreaking your pet. There are a lot of tips from the internet on how you can do this. By doing so, you can allow your pet to stay indoors with you without having to worry about the odor and stains that can get left behind when he urinates.